In the Netherlands so-called Diabetes Care Groups organize the primary diabetes care centrally with delegation to different health care providers. A training course for general practitioners who would like to become experts in diabetology in the primary care setting meets the need to guide the quality management processes in these care groups.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care Diabetes
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Audit finds 24000 excess deaths among people with diabetes in England and Wales.BMJ. 2012; 345
- Physicians’ actions and influence, such as aggressive blood pressure control, greatly improve the health of diabetes patients.Health Aff. 2012; 31: 140-149
- Coordinated primary and specialty care for type 2 diabetes mellitus, guidelines, and systems: an educational needs assessment.Endocr Pr. 2011; 17: 880-890
- Integrating care through bundled payments—lessons from The Netherlands.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 990-991
Stuurgroep Datamanagement, Landelijke Organisatie voor Ketenzorg. Transparante Ketenzorg Diabetes Mellitus, COPD en VRM. Rapportage zorggroepen over 2012. Op weg naar genuanceerde rapportage van zorg; 2013.
- Quality of care of people with type 2 diabetes in Eight European Countries: findings from the Guideline Adherence to Enhance Care (GUIDANCE) study.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 2628-2638https://doi.org/10.2337/dc12-1759
Published online: January 13, 2014
Accepted: December 13, 2013
Received in revised form: December 2, 2013
Received: August 5, 2013
© 2013 Primary Care Diabetes Europe. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.