Abbreviations:ADDITION (Anglo-Danish-Dutch Study of Intensive Treatment in People with Screen-Detected Diabetes in Primary Care), SEP (socioeconomic position)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care Diabetes
- Effect of a multifactorial intervention on mortality in Type 2 diabetes.N. Engl. J. Med. 2008; 35: 580-591
- Socio-economic inequalities in diabetes complications, control, attitudes and health service use: a cross-sectional study.Diabet. Med. 2003; 20: 921-929
- Association among individual deprivation, glycemic control, and diabetes complications: the EPICES score.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2680-2685
- Socio-economic inequalities in the prevalence of Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular risk factors and chronic diabetic complications in the Basque Country, Spain.Diabet. Med. 2005; 22: 1047-1053
- Social inequalities and outcomes in Type 2 diabetes in the German region of Augsburg. A cross-sectional survey.Int. J. Public Health. 2007; 52: 158-165
- Impact of deprivation on cardiovascular risk factors in people with diabetes: an observational study.Diabet. Med. 2008; 25: 194-199
- Area-based socioeconomic status, Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular mortality in Scotland.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 2938-2945
- Mortality, incidence of cardiovascular diseases, and educational level among the diabetic and non-diabetic populations in two large Italian cities.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2011; 92: 205-212
- Coronary heart disease among diabetic and nondiabetic people – socioeconomic differences in incidence, prognosis and mortality.J. Diabetes Complicat. 2008; 22: 10-17
- The relationship between socioeconomic deprivation and metabolic/cardiovascular risk factors in a cohort of patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus.Prim. Care Diabetes. 2010; 4: 241-249
- Variations in process and outcomes of diabetes care by socio-economic status in Salford, UK.Diabetologia. 2003; 46: 750-759
- Ethnic and social disparity in glycaemic control in Type 2 diabetes; cohort study in general practice 2004–9.J. R. Soc. Med. 2012; 105: 300-308
- The ADDITION study: proposed trial of the cost-effectiveness of an intensive multifactorial intervention on morbidity and mortality among people with Type 2 diabetes detected by screening.Int. J. Obes. Relat. Metab. Disord. 2000; 24: 6-11
- Effect of early intensive multifactorial therapy on 5-year cardiovascular outcomes in individuals with Type 2 diabetes detected by screening (ADDITION-Europe): a cluster-randomised trial.Lancet. 2011; 378: 156-167
- Population-based stepwise screening for unrecognised Type 2 diabetes is ineffective in general practice despite reliable algorithms.Diabetologia. 2004; 47: 1566-1573
- A Danish diabetes risk score for targeted screening: the Inter99 study.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 727-733
- Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Part 1: diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus provisional report of a WHO consultation.Diabet. Med. 1998; 15: 539-553
Statistics Denmark, Available from http://www.dst.dk/en/Statistik/dokumentation/Declarations.aspx (accessed 13.02.13).
- Measuring socioeconomic position in health research.Br. Med. Bull. 2001; 81/82: 21-37
International Standard Classification of Education, Available from http://www.unesco.org/education/information/nfsunesco/doc/isced_1997.htm (accessed 13.02.13).
What are equivalence scales? Available from http://http://www.oecd.org/social/familiesandchildren/35411111.pdf, 2008 (accessed 13.0213).
- The Danish Civil Registration System.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 22-25
- The Danish National Patient Register.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 30-33
- The Danish National Prescription Registry.Scand. J. Public Health. 2011; 39: 38-41
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J. Chronic. Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Country of birth, socioeconomic factors, and risk factor control in patients with Type 2 diabetes: a Swedish study from 25 primary health-care centres.Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 2011; 27: 244-254
- The association of life course socio-economic position with diagnosis, treatment, control and survival of women with diabetes: findings from the British Women's Heart and Health Study.Diabet. Med. 2007; 24: 892-900
- Diabetes mellitus in Irish general practice: level of care as reflected by HbA1c values.Eur. J. Gen. Pract. 2006; 12: 58-65
- Onset of NIDDM occurs at least 4–7 yr before clinical diagnosis.Diabetes Care. 1992; 15: 815-819
- Socioeconomic factors related to attendance at a Type 2 diabetes screening programme.Diabet. Med. 2009; 26: 518-525