- •Persistence of basal insulin use in type 2 diabetes patients was described.
- •Risk factors for poor persistence was determined.
- •Treatment with insulin glargin was associated with lower discontinuation.
- •Metformin und sulfonylurea comedication were predictors for better persistence.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intensive blood-glucose control with sulphonylureas or insulin compared with conventional treatment and risk of complications in patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 33).Lancet. 1998; 352: 837-853
- Management of hyperglycaemia in type 2 diabetes: a patient-centered approach. Position statement of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 1577-1596
- Insulin detemir versus insulin glargine for type 2 diabetes mellitus.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2011; 7: CD006383
- Long-acting insulin analogues in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Executive summary of final report A05-03. Version 1.1.2009(accessed 11.06.14)
- A systematic review of adherence with medications for diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 1218-1224
- Medication compliance and persistence: terminology and definitions.Value Health. 2008; 11: 44-47
- Much ado about nothing? A real-world study of patients with type 2 diabetes switching basal insulin analogs.Adv. Ther. 2014; 31: 539-560
- A comparison of insulin use, glycemic control, and health care costs with insulin detemir and insulin glargine in insulin-naive patients with type 2 diabetes.Clin. Ther. 2009; 31: 623-631
- Validity and representativeness of the “Disease Analyzer” patient database for use in pharmacoepidemiological and pharmacoeconomic studies.Int. J. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 2009; 47: 617-626
- Coding algorithms for defining co-morbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med. Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- Good practice of secondary data analysis, first revision.Gesundheitswesen. 2008; 70: 54-60
- A checklist for retrospective database studies – report from the ISPOR task force on retrospective databases.Value Health. 2003; 6: 90-97
- Real-world insulin treatment persistence among patients with type 2 diabetes.Endocr. Pract. 2014; 20: 52-61
- Real-world comparative outcomes of US type 2 diabetes patients initiating analog basal insulin therapy.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 2013; 29: 1083-1091
- Treatment duration (persistence) of basal insulin supported oral therapy (BOT) in type-2 diabetic patients: comparison of insulin glargine with NPH insulin.Int. J. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 2012; 50: 24-32
- Different persistence on initial basal supported oral therapy in type 2 diabetics is associated with unequal distributions of insulin treatment regimens under real-life conditions in Germany.Int. J. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 2010; 48: 761-766
- Metabolic effects of basal or premixed insulin treatment in 5077 insulin-naïve type 2 diabetes patients: registry-based observational study in clinical practice.Diabetes Ther. 2014; (May 15 (Epub ahead of print))
- Different injection frequencies of basal insulins in type 2 diabetes patients under real-life conditions: a retrospective database analysis.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2013; 7: 1354-1358
- The development of myocardial insulin resistance in conscious dogs with advanced dilated cardiomyopathy.Cardiovasc. Res. 2004; 61: 297-306
- Improved diabetic control in advanced heart failure patients treated with left ventricular assist devices.Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2011; 13: 195-199
- Mortality risk with sulphonylureas compared to metformin.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.12280
- Sulphonylureas and risk of cardiovascular disease: systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabet. Med. 2013; 30: 1160-1171