- •T2D is a disease that hides itself and continued existence for many years without displaying any symptoms.
- •Community-based risk determining studies are important in countries with increasing diabetes rate.
- •FINDRISC can be used as screening tool to identify individuals at high risk for diabetes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diabetes Atlas.8th ed. 2017 (Available at: http://www.diabetesatlas.org/. (Accessed 28 December 2017))
- Twelve-year trends in the prevalence and risk factors of diabetes and prediabetes in Turkish adults.Eur. J. Epidemiol. 2013; 28: 169-180
- Clinical Guidelines Task Force: Global Guideline for Type 2 Diabetes.2012 (https://www.idf.org/e-library/guidelines/79-global-guideline-for-type-2-diabetes. (Accessed 10 May 2017))
- IDF Clinical Practice Recommendations for Managing Type 2 Diabetes in Primary Care.2017 (Available at: https://www.idf.org/e-library/guidelines/128-idf-clinical-practice-recommendations-for-managing-type-2-diabetes-in-primary-care.html. (Accessed 01 August 2017))
- Standards of medical care in diabetes. Prevention or delay of type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: S44-S47
- Global Report on Diabetes.2016 (Available at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/204871/1/9789241565257_eng.pdf. (Accessed 12 May 2017))
- National Diabetes Prevention Program.2016 (Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/index.html. (Accessed 10 April 2017))
- Observations and recommendations for community-based diabetes screenings.Diabetes Educ. 2010; 36: 887-893
- Screening for type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes in general practice: a descriptive study of Maltese practices.Prim. Care Diabetes. 2014; 8: 224-230
- Screening for type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2000; 1: S20-S23
- Survey of diabetes risk assessment tools: concepts, structure and performance.Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev. 2012; 28: 485-498
- Development and validation of a risk-score model for subjects with impaired glucose tolerance for the assessment of the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus—the STOP-NIDDM risk-score.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2010; 87: 267-274
- The diabetes risk score a practical tool to predict type 2 diabetes risk.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 725-731
- Risk scores based on self-reported or available clinical data to detect undiagnosed type 2 diabetes: a systematic review.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2012; 98: 369-385
- Diabetes risk score in Oman: a tool to identify prevalent type 2 diabetes among Arabs of the Middle East.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2007; 77: 438-444
The Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism of Turkey, Diagnosis, Treatment and Monitoring Guideline of Diabetes Mellitus and Its Complications-2017. Available at: http://www.turkendokrin.org/files/DIYABET2017_web.pdf. (Accessed 17 May 2017).
- Prediabetes Diagnosis and Treatment Guidelines.2017 (Available at: http://www.turkdiab.org/admin/PICS/webfiles/Prediyabet_Tani_ve_Tedavi_Rehberi.pdf. (Accessed 17 May 2017))
- Evaluation of Finnish Diabetes Risk Score in screening undiagnosed diabetes and prediabetes among U.S. Adults by gender and race: NHANES 1999–2010.PLoS One. 2014; 9e97865https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0097865
- Finnish Diabetes Risk Score to predict type 2 diabetes in the Isfahan diabetes prevention study.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2013; 102: 202-209
- Prevalence and screening for risk factors of type 2 diabetes in Rize, Nourtheast Turkey: findings from a population-based study.Prim. Care Diabetes. 2016; 10: 10-18
- Applicability of the Finnish Diabetes Risk (FINDRISC) as a screening tool for type 2 diabetes mellitus.Konuralp Tıp Dergisi. 2016; 8: 158-166
- Determination of the Risk Factors for Diabetes and Health-promoting Lifestyle in Taxi Drivers. Master’s Thesis.İstanbul University, Institute of Health Sciences, Department of Public Health Nursing, İstanbul2016
- Validation of the Finnish Diabetes Risk Score (FINDRISC) questionnaire for screening for undiagnosed type 2 diabetes, dysglycaemia and the metabolic syndrome in Greece.Diabetes Metab. J. 2011; 37: 144-151
- 10-year risk estimation for type 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary heart disease in Kuwait: a cross-sectional population-based study.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0116742https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0116742
- Community based diabetes risk assessment in Ogun state, Nigeria (World Diabetes Foundation project 08-321).Indian J. Endocrinol. Metab. 2013; 17: 653-658
- Does future diabetes risk ımpair current quality of life? A cross-sectional study of health-related quality of life in relation to the Finnish Diabetes Risk Score (FINDRISC).PLoS One. 2016; 11e0147898https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0147898
- A comparison of three different diabetes screening methods among dental patients in Turkey.Pak. J. Med. Sci. 2014; 30: 65-69
- Evaluation of the Finnish Diabetes Risk Score as a screening tool for impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance and undetected diabetes.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2011; 92: 46-52
- Occupational health care identifies risk for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.Prim. Care Diabetes. 2012; 6: 95-102
Turkey Nutrition and Health Survey 2010: Status and Assessment of Nutritional Habits. Available at: http://www.sagem.gov.tr/TBSA_Beslenme_Yayini.pdf. (Accessed 01 June 2016).