- •Association between the dietary inflammatory index (DII) and metabolic syndrome (MetS) was investigated cross-sectionally.
- •Higher DII score was significantly associated with MetS.
- •After adjustment, participants in the highest quartile of DII score had significantly higher FBG.
- •There were not significant association between DII and liver enzymes level.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Metabolic syndrome: definition, pathophysiology, and mechanisms.Am. Heart J. 2005; 149: 33-45
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and the cardiometabolic syndrome.J. Cardiometab. Syndr. 2006; 1: 36-40
- Metabolic syndrome—a new world-wide definition. A Consensus Statement from the International Diabetes Federation.Diabet. Med. 2006; 23: 469-480
- Appropriate definition of metabolic syndrome among Iranian adults: report of the Iranian National Committee of Obesity.Arch. Iran. Med. 2010; 13: 426-428
- Metabolic syndrome prevalence in Iran: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Kermanshah Univ. Med. Sci. 2014; 18: 242-250
- The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in various populations.Am. J. Med. Sci. 2007; 333: 362-371
- Adipokine dysregulation, adipose tissue inflammation and metabolic syndrome.Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 2010; 314: 1-16
- Chronic inflammation in obesity and the metabolic syndrome.Mediators Inflamm. 2010; 2010
- Lifestyle recommendations for the prevention and management of metabolic syndrome: an international panel recommendation.Nutr. Rev. 2017; 75: 307-326
- The effects of diet on inflammation.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2006; 48: 677-685
- Prospective association between the dietary inflammatory index and metabolic syndrome: findings from the SU.VI.MAX study.Nutr. Metab. Cardiovasc. Dis. 2015; 25: 988-996
- Dietary indexes, food patterns and incidence of metabolic syndrome in a Mediterranean cohort: the SUN project.Clin. Nutr. 2015; 34: 508-514
- Association between the dietary inflammatory index, waist-to-hip ratio and metabolic syndrome.Nutr. Res. 2016; 36: 1298-1303
- Dietary inflammatory index and anthropometric measures of obesity in a population sample at high cardiovascular risk from the PREDIMED (PREvencion con DIeta MEDiterranea) trial.Br. J. Nutr. 2015; 113: 984-995
- Association of a dietary inflammatory index with inflammatory indices and the metabolic syndrome among police officers.J. Occup. Environ. Med. 2014; 56: 986
- Introducing the objectives, procedures and structure of lifestyle promotion project (LPP): phase I.Depict. Health. 2016; 7: 1-7
- ATP III Guidelines At-A-Glance Quick Desk Reference.US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2001
- Designing and developing a literature-derived, population-based dietary inflammatory index.Public Health Nutr. 2014; 17: 1689-1696
- Reliability and relative validity of short-food frequency questionnaire.Br. Food J. 2017; 119: 1337-1348
- Recent advances in the relationship between obesity, inflammation, and insulin resistance.Eur. Cytokine Netw. 2006; 17: 4-12
- Inflammation and activated innate immunity in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 813-823
- Inflammatory properties of diet and glucose-insulin homeostasis in a cohort of Iranian adults.Nutrients. 2016; 8: 735
- Mediterranean dietary pattern and cancer risk in the EPIC cohort.Br. J. Cancer. 2011; 104: 1493
- A dietary pattern protective against type 2 diabetes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)— Potsdam Study cohort.Diabetologia. 2005; 48: 1126-1134
- Major dietary patterns in relation to general obesity and central adiposity among Iranian women.J. Nutr. 2008; 138: 358-363
- Anti-inflammatory Dietary Inflammatory Index scores are associated with healthier scores on other dietary indices.Nutr. Res. 2016; 36: 214-219
- Dietary Inflammatory Index and liver status in subjects with different adiposity levels within the PREDIMED trial.Clin. Nutr. 2017;
- The Western dietary pattern is prospectively associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in adolescence.Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2013; 108: 778
- Dietary patterns and markers of systemic inflammation among Iranian women.J. Nutr. 2007; 137: 992-998