- •The ADA risk score is valid for screening undiagnosed T2DM in the Iranian population.
- •The ADA cut off 5 has a good power to classify the low and high-risk individuals.
- •The cut off 4 could also be recommended by policymakers and professionals.
Abbreviations:T2DM (Type 2 diabetes), MENA (the Middle East and North Africa region), FPG (fasting plasma glucose), 2h-PCPG (2-h post-challenge plasma glucose), HbA1c (hemoglobin A1c), ADA (American Diabetes Association), PPV and NPV (positive and negative predictive values), SuRFNCD (non-communicable Diseases), BMI (body mass index), SBP (systolic blood pressure), DBP (diastolic blood pressure), IraPEN (Package of Essential NCD interventions), CV (coefficients of variation), GPAQ (global physical activity questionnaire), LR (likelihood ratio), TC (total cholesterol), LDL-C (low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol), TG (triglyceride), AUC (area under the receiver-operating characteristic curve)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care Diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus, pandemic in 21st century.Diabetes. Springer, 2013: 42-50
- Diabetes: a 21st century challenge.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2014; 2: 56-64
- IDF Diabetes Atlas: global estimates for the prevalence of diabetes for 2015 and 2040.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2017; 128: 40-50
- Early onset type 2 diabetes mellitus: a harbinger for complications in later years-clinical observation from a secondary care cohort.QJM: Int. J. Med. 2009; 102: 799-806
- A Colombian diabetes risk score for detecting undiagnosed diabetes and impaired glucose regulation.Primary Care Diabetes. 2017; 11: 86-93
- International Diabetes Federation: a consensus on Type 2 diabetes prevention.Diabetic Med. 2007; 24: 451-463
- A European evidence-based guideline for the prevention of type 2 diabetes.Hormone and Metabolic Research = Hormon-und Stoffwechselforschung = Hormones et metabolisme. 2010; 42: S3-S36
- Putting Prevention First–NHS Health Check: Vascular Risk Assessment and Management Best Practice Guidance.Department of Health London, 2009
- Developing risk prediction models for type 2 diabetes: a systematic review of methodology and reporting.BMC Med. 2011; 9: 103
- Risk assessment tools for detecting those with pre-diabetes: a systematic review.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2014; 105: 1-13
- Risk models and scores for type 2 diabetes: systematic review.BMJ. 2011; 343: d7163
- Risk scores for predicting type 2 diabetes: comparing axes and spades.Diabetologia. 2011; 54: 994-995
- 2. Classification and diagnosis of diabetes: standards of medical care in diabetes-2018.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: S13-S27
- A patient self-assessment diabetes screening score: development, validation, and comparison to other diabetes risk assessment scores.Ann. Intern. Med. 2009; 151: 775
H. Zhang, et al. A risk-score model for predicting risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in a rural Chinese adult population: a cohort study with a 6-year follow-up. Diabetes/Metabol. Res. Rev.
- Development and validation of a simple risk score for undiagnosed Type 2 diabetes in a resource-constrained setting.J. Diabetes Res. 2016; : 2016
- WHO STEPS Surveillance Manual: The WHO STEPwise Approach to Chronic Disease Risk Factor Surveillance.World Health Organization, Geneva2005
- Trends in the prevalence of diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in association with obesity in Iran: 2005–2011.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2014; 103: 319-327
A. Takian, M. Amerzadeh, An International Comparative Policy Analysis to Accelerate Actions against Non-Communicable Diseases: The Experience of Iran.
WHO, Islamic Republic of Iran on a fast-track to beating noncommunicable diseases. https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/islamic-republic-of-iran-on-a-fast-track-to-beating-noncommunicable-diseases.
- Global Physical Activity Questionnaire (GPAQ) Analysis Guide.2012
- Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes – 2018 Abridged for Primary Care Providers.2018
- Applied Logistic Regression. vol. 398. John Wiley & Sons, 2013
- Diagnostic tests 4: likelihood ratios.BMJ. 2004; 329: 168-169
- Optimal cut-point and its corresponding Youden Index to discriminate individuals using pooled blood samples.Epidemiology. 2005; : 73-81
Analysis of non-communicable diseases risk factors surveillance, 2016. https://vizit.report/panel/steps/fa/main.html#/errorBarSex (accessed 11.06.19).
- Multiple Imputation by the MICE System of Chained Equations.MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London2004: 35
- SCreening for Occult REnal Disease (SCORED): a simple prediction model for chronic kidney disease.Arch. Intern. Med. 2007; 167: 374-381
- Utility of a risk scale to identify patients with dysglycemia.Rev. Cub. Med. Mil. 2017; 46: 135-147
- Predicting diabetes risk among HIV-positive and HIV-negative women.AIDS. 2018; 32: 2767-2775
- Using noninvasive tools to screen for prediabetes and undiagnosed diabetes: value added to cardiovascular disease prevention.J. Cardiovasc. Nurs. 2016; 31: 488-491
- The inconsistency of “optimal” cut-points using two ROC based criteria.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2006; 163: 670-675
- Does the association of the triglyceride to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ratio with fasting serum insulin differ by race/ethnicity?.Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 2008; 7: 4
- A comparison of cost per case detected of screening strategies for Type 2 diabetes and impaired glucose regulation: modelling study.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2012; 97: 505-513