- •Diabetes education and short message reminders are effective for metabolic control indicators.
- •Diabetes education and short message reminders are effective for the blood pressure and body mass index.
- •Diabetes education and short message reminders are effective for the diabetes self-care activities.
- •Diabetes education and short message reminders are effective for the well-being status.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
International Diabetes Federation (IDF) Diabetes Atlas. 9th ed., 2019. (Cited 2019), available at: https://www.diabetesatlas.org/en/.
International Diabetes Federation (IDF) Diabetes Atlas, 1st ed., 2000. (Cited 2018), available at: http://www.idf.org/webdata/docs/Diabetes%20Atlas%20Executive %20Summary.pdf.
- Mobile phone applications and their use in the self-management of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a qualitative study among app users and non-app users.Diabetol. Metab. Syndr. 2019; 16: 84
- SMS education for the promotion of diabetes self-management in low & middle income countries: a pilot randomized controlled trial in Egypt.BMC Public Health. 2017; 17: 962
- Telephone intervention to improve diabetes control: a randomized trial in the New York City A1c registry.Am. J. Prev. Med. 2015; 49: 832-841
- Dulce digital: an mHealth SMS-based intervention improves glycemic control in hispanics with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1349-1355
- Effectiveness of short message service-based intervention (SMS) on self-care in type 2 diabetes: a feasibility study.Prim. Care Diabetes. 2016; 10: 251-258
- The impact of nurse short message services and telephone follow-ups on diabetic adherence: which one is more effective?.JCN. 2011; 21: 1922-1931
- The effect of short message service intervention on glycemic control in diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Postgrad. Med. 2019; 131: 566-571
- Mobile phone messaging reminders for attendance at healthcare appointments.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. JNC. 2012; 11: 1922-1931
- Using mobile phone text messages to improve insulin injection technique and glycaemic control in patients with diabetes mellitus: a multi-centre study in Turkey.JNC. 2015; 24: 1525-1533
- Follow-up of patients with type 2 diabetes via cell phone: randomized controlled trial.MÜSBED. 2013; 3: 173-183
- A case study approach to the examination of a telephone-based health coaching intervention in facilitating behavior change for adults with type 2 diabetes.J. Clin. Nurs. 2015; 24: 1246-1257
- Evaluation of the diabetes self-care scale.J. Appl. Meas. 2005; 6: 366-381
- Validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the diabetes self-care scale.Int. J. Diabetes Dev. Ctries. 2015; 35: 148-156
Educational Guide and Training Sets for Adult Diabetics. (Cited 2019), available at: http://beslenme.gov.tr/index.php?lang=tr&page=527/.
- A taxonomic integrative review of short message service (SMS) methodology: a framework for improved diabetic outcomes.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2015; 9: 1321-1326
- Effectiveness of short message service intervention to improve glycated hemoglobin control and medication adherence in type-2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of prospective studies.Prim. Care Diab. 2019;
World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean. Health Education for People with Diabetes. 1996. (Cited 2019), available at: http://applications.emro.who.int/dsaf/dsa508.pdf?ua=1.
- Effects of an outpatient diabetes self-management education on patients with type 2 diabetes in China: a randomized controlled trial.J. Diabetes Res. 2019; 17: 1073-1131
- The effect of family based telephone follow-up on self-care of patients with diabetes.J. Holist. Nurs. Midwifery. 2018; 28: 84-91
- Mobile diabetes intervention for glycemic control in 45- to 64-year-old persons with type 2 diabetes.JAG. 2016; 35: 227-243
- Long-term effects of an intensive-practical diabetes education program on HbA1c and self-care.Appl. Nurs. Res. 2015; 31: 13-18
- Effects of diabetes education program on metabolic control among Saudi type 2 diabetic patients.Pak. J. Med. Sci. 2012; 28: 925-930
- Group education and nurse-telephone follow-up effects on blood glucose control and adherence to treatment in type 2 diabetes patients.Int. J. Prev. Med. 2013; 4: 797-802
- ROSES Study Group ROSES: role of self-monitoring of blood glucose and intensive education in patients with type 2 diabetes not receiving insulin. A pilot randomized clinical trial.Diabet. Med. 2011; 28: 789-796
- The effectiveness of nurse-led telephone follow-up in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Turk. J. Endocrinol. Metab. 2010; 14: 1-5
- Effect of group diabetes selfmanagement education classes on clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction in a family medicine clinic.J. Pharm. Technol. 2013; 29: 35-39
Guide to diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of diabetes mellitus and complications, 2019. (Cited 2019), available at: http://temd.org.tr/admin/uploads/tbl_kilavuz/201908190958542019tbl_kilavuzb48da47363.pdf.
- Impact of the “Diabetes Interactive Diary” telemedicine system on metabolic control, risk of hypoglycemia, and quality of life: a randomized clinical trial in type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2013; 15: 670-679