- •The present study included 1,357 women with and 6,785 women without type 1 diabetes from 268 gynecologists in Germany.
- •T1D was significantly associated with acute vulvitis and cystitis.
- •Moreover, T1D was significantly associated with urinary incontinence, absent, scanty and rare menstruation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Type 1 diabetes.Lancet. 2018; 391: 2449-2462https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(18)31320-5
- Connecting the dots: validation of time in range metrics with microvascular outcomes.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 345-348https://doi.org/10.2337/dci18-0040
- The diabetes control and complications trial/epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications study at 30 years: overview.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: 9-16https://doi.org/10.2337/dc13-2112
- Urologic complications of diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 177-185
- Relationship of urologic complications with health-related quality of life and perceived value of health in men and women with type 1 diabetes: the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Interventions and Complications (DCCT/EDIC) cohort.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: 1904-1912
- Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors.JAMA. 1999; 281: 537-544
- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy, sexual dysfunction, and urinary incontinence in women with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 1587-1593
- Sexual dysfunction in women with type 1 diabetes: a controlled study.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 672-677
- Menstrual cycle differences between women with type 1 diabetes and women without diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 1016-1021https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.26.4.1016
- Age at menarche and menstrual irregularities of adolescents with type 1 diabetes.J. Pediatr. Adolesc. Gynecol. 2010; 23: 162-167https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2009.06.006
- Menstrual cycle irregularities and their relationship with HbA1c and insulin dose in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.Fertil. Steril. 2010; 94https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.08.039
- Urinary incontinence among women with type 1 diabetes–how common is it?.J. Urol. 2009; 181 (discussion 1230. Epub 2009 Jan 18. PMID: 19152930; PMCID: PMC2696131): 1224-1230https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2008.11.024
- Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Research Group. Urinary tract infections in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus: survey of female participants in the epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications study cohort.J. Urol. 2009; 181 (discussion 1134-5. Epub 2009 Jan 18. PMID: 19152925; PMCID: PMC2699609): 1129-1134https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2008.11.021
- Basic characteristics and representativeness of the german disease analyzer database.Int. J. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 2018; 56: 459-466https://doi.org/10.5414/CP203320
- Glycaemic control and risk of incident urinary incontinence in women with Type 1 diabetes: results from the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial and Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (DCCT/EDIC) study.Diabet. Med. 2016; 33: 1528-1535https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.13126
- Glycemic control and urinary tract infections in women with type 1 diabetes: results from the DCCT/EDIC.J. Urol. 2016; 196: 1129-1135https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2016.04.071