- •Medical/dental care should manage periodontal disease of people with diabetes.
- •Many diabetes educator nurses did not provide periodontal care in Japan.
- •Assessment of oral conditions is key factor for periodontal management.
- •Psychological ability and motivation for oral health assessment should be improved.
- National Health and Nutrition Survey in Japan, 2016.2017 (Available online: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000681180.pdf (Accessed 12 October 2020))
- JSP Clinical Practice Guideline for the Periodontal treatment, 2015.2017 (Available online: http://www.perio.jp/publication/upload_file/guideline_perio_plan2015_en.pdf (Accessed 12 October 2020))
- A large-scale observational study to investigate the current status of diabetic complications and their prevention in Japan: oral and dental findings at baseline—JDCP study 6.J. Jpn. Diabetes Soc. 2020; 63: 195-205https://doi.org/10.11213/tonyobyo.63.195
- Periodontitis and diabetes: a two-way relationship.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 21-31https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-011-2342-y
- Periodontal disease and mortality in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 27-32https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.28.1.27
- Effect of periodontitis on overt nephropathy and end-stage renal disease in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 306-311https://doi.org/10.2337/dc06-1184
- Chi-iki I-ryoh no Arata-naru ten-kai—I-ka Shi-ka ren-kei ji-rei Shuh [New Developments in Community Medicine ― Casebook of Medical and Dental Collaboration].8020 Promotion Foundation, 2009
- Development of the Diabetes Oral Health Assessment Tool© for nurses.Health. 2015; 07: 1710-1720https://doi.org/10.4236/health.2015.712186
- Assessing the oral health of patients with diabetes using a clinical version of the Diabetes Oral Health Assessment Tool© and its association with dental examinations.J. Med. Invest. 2019; 66: 328-336https://doi.org/10.2152/jmi.66.328
- Oral health screening: feasibility and reliability of the oral health assessment tool used by speech pathologists.Int. Dent. J. 2016; 66: 178-189https://doi.org/10.1111/idj.12220
- Certified diabetes expert nurse and nurse educators in Japan.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2007; 77: S205-S207https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2007.01.058
- Japanese clinical practice guideline for diabetes 2016.J. Diabetes Investig. 2018; 9: 657-697https://doi.org/10.1111/jdi.12810
- Toh-nyoh-byoh Ryoh-yoh Shi-Doh Guidebook <2020> Toh-nyoh-byoh Ryoh-yoh Shi-Doh Shi No Ga-Ku-shuh Mo-Ku hyoh to Ka-Dai. [Guidebook of Diabetes Education <2020> Learning Goals and Challenges for Diabetes Educators].Certification Board for Diabetes Educators in Japan, 2020
- CDEJ (Nihon Toh-nyoh-byoh Ryoh-yoh Shi-doh Shi) to-wa [What is the Certified Diabetes Educator of Japan?].Certification Board for Diabetes Educators in Japan, 2020 (Available online: https://www.cdej.gr.jp/modules/general/index.php?content_id=1 (Accessed 12 January 2020))
- Effects of professional autonomy and approval from others on job satisfaction in nurses qualified as a Certified Diabetes Educator of Japan: focus on the presence or absence of responsibility for outpatient specialty diabetes care.J. Jpn. Acad. Diabetes Educ. Nurs. 2007; 21: 28-38
- Field survey on diabetes educational classes for outpatients in certified medical facilities—with special emphasis on the schedules, contents, and educators.J. Jpn. Acad. Diabetes Educ. Nurs. 2017; 21: 119-129
- Utilization of the diabetes oral health assessment tool for nurses by diabetes nurse specialists.J. Nurs. Investig. 2019; 15: 1-10
- Knowledge and practices of diabetes care providers in oral health care and their potential role in oral health promotion: a scoping review.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2017; 130: 266-277https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2017.06.004
- An exploratory qualitative interview study about collaboration between medicine and dentistry in relation to diabetes management.BMJ Open. 2013; 3e002192https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2012-002192
- Behavior change wheel: a new method for characterizing and designing behavior change interventions.Implement. Sci. 2011; 6: 42https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-5908-6-42
- Factors influencing variation in physician adenoma detection rates: a theory-based approach for performance improvement.Gastrointest. Endosc. 2016; 83: 617-626.e2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gie.2015.08.075
- Nursing home staff perceptions of barriers and facilitators for implementing a quality improvement intervention.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2019; 20: 810-815https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2019.01.139
- Applying the capability, opportunity, motivation, and behavior model to identify opportunities to increase pharmacist comfort dispensing naloxone in Texas: a structural equation modeling approach.Int. J. Drug Policy. 2020; 83102827https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2020.102827
- Behavioral models for periodontal health and disease.Periodontology. 2000; 78: 201-211https://doi.org/10.1111/prd.12236
- Sen-mon-I no Ken-saku [Search for Certified Diabetologists].The Japan Diabetes Society, 2020 (Available online: http://www.jds.or.jp/modules/senmoni/ (Accessed 1 December 2020))
- CDEJ no Iru Shi-setsu wo Sagasu [Find an Institution with CDEJ].Certification Board for Diabetes Educators in Japan, 2020 (Available online: http://www.cdej.gr.jp/modules/general/index.php?content_id=4 (Accessed 1 December 2020))
- Construct explication through factor or component analysis: a review and evaluation of alternative procedures for determining the number of factors or components.in: Goffin R.D. Helmes E. Problems and Solutions in Human Assessment: Honoring Douglas N. Jackson at Seventy. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York2020: 41-71https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-4397-8_3
- Barriers to diabetes management: patient and provider factors.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2011; 93: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2011.02.002
- The role of knowledge and self-efficacy on dental consultation behavior in patients with type 2 diabetes.Jpn. J. Nurs. Sci. 2020; e12378https://doi.org/10.1111/jjns.12378