- •Our findings support the need for more meter download use in clinical practice.
- •Frequent BGM was associated with lower A1c and lower mean glucose.
- •Acknowledging BGM importance among low-adherent youth justify the use of technologies.
- Worldwide estimates of incidence, prevalence and mortality of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents: results from the International Diabetes Federation Diabetes Atlas, 9th edition.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2019; 157107842
- Children and adolescents: standards of medical care in diabetes-2020.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: S163-S182
- State of type 1 diabetes management and outcomes from the T1D exchange in 2016-2018.Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2019; 21: 66-72
- Estimating HbA1c from timed self-monitored blood glucose values.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2018; 141: 56-61
- Determinants of self-monitoring of blood glucose in patients with type 1 diabetes: a multi-centre study in Brazil.Diabet. Med. 2013; 30: 1255-1262
- Self-monitoring of blood glucose.Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2019; 21: S4-S12
- Hemoglobin A1c and mean glucose in patients with type 1 diabetes: analysis of data from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation continuous glucose monitoring randomized trial.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 540-544
- Translating the A1C assay into estimated average glucose values.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 1473-1478
- Evidence of a strong association between frequency of self-monitoring of blood glucose and hemoglobin A1c levels in T1D exchange clinic registry participants.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 2009-2014
- Frequency of SMBG correlates with HbA1c and acute complications in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Pediatr. Diabetes. 2011; 12: 11-17
- Exploring the motivations behind misreporting self-measured blood glucose in adolescents with type 1 diabetes — a qualitative study.J. Diabetes Metab. Disord. 2015; 15: 16
- Blood glucose monitoring and glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: meter downloads versus self-report.Pediatr. Diabetes. 2011; 12: 560-566
- Accuracy of verbal self-reported blood glucose in teenagers with type I diabetes at diabetes ski camp.J. Diabetes Metab. Disord. 2014; 13: 14
- Prior knowledge of blood glucose meter download improves the accuracy of verbal self-reported blood glucose in teenagers with type I diabetes at ski camp.Acta Diabetol. 2016; 53: 637-642
- Associations between major life events and adherence, glycemic control, and psychosocial characteristics in teens with type 1 diabetes.Pediatr. Diabetes. 2018; 19: 85-91
- Salient characteristics of youth with type 1 diabetes initiating continuous glucose monitoring.Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2015; 17: 373-378
- Associations of disordered eating behavior with the family diabetes environment in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.J. Dev. Behav. Pediatr. 2015; 36: 8-13
- Checking in: a pilot of a physician-delivered intervention to increase parent-adolescent communication about blood glucose monitoring.Clin. Pediatr. (Phila). 2015; 54 (Epub 20 April 2015, PMID: 25896723, PMCID: PMC4615374): 1346-1353https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922815581833
- Does blood glucose monitoring increase prior to clinic visits in children with type 1 diabetes?.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 2170-2173
- Effects of social demand on reports of self-monitored blood glucose in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.J. Appl. Soc. Psychol. 1988; 18: 491-502
- The contemporary role of masked continuous glucose monitoring in a real-time world.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2016; 10: 790-792