- •Disinfection cause lowering of the measurement.
- •After disinfection, the best option is to wait 30 s before measurement.
- •Thinner lancet after disinfection cause greater lowering of the results.
Materials and methods
- Ocena analityczna glukometru Contour ® Plus Analytical evaluation of the Contour® Plus glucose meter.Diabetol Klin. 2014; 3 (Polish): 62-68
- Analytical performance requirements for systems for self-monitoring of blood glucose with focus on system accuracy: relevant differences among ISO 15197:2003, ISO 15197:2013, and current FDA recommendations.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2015; 9: 885-894https://doi.org/10.1177/1932296815580160
- Point-of-Care Blood Glucose Testing in Acute and Chronic Care Facilities; Approved Guideline—Third Edition. CLSI Document POCT12-A3.(Accessed 9 July 2020) Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, Wayne, PA2013
- A milestone in point of care capillary blood glucose monitoring of critically ill hospitalized patients.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2018; 12: 1095-1100https://doi.org/10.1177/1932296818801607
- WHO.(Accessed 9 July 2020)
- Reduction of blood volume required to perform paper-based hematocrit assays guided by device design.Anal. Methods. 2019; 11: 2057-2063https://doi.org/10.1039/c9ay00010k
- The effect of blood sample volume on 11 glucose monitoring systems.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 1836-1837https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.28.7.1836
- A clinical evaluation of routine blood sampling practices in patients with diabetes: impact on fingerstick blood volume and pain.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2014; 8: 691-698https://doi.org/10.1177/1932296814533172
- The use of dextrostix and dextrostix reflectance meters in the diagnosis of neonatal hypoglycemia.J. Perinat. Med. 1976; 4: 106-110https://doi.org/10.1515/jpme.1918.104.22.168
- Effect of alcohol swabbing on capillary blood glucose measurements.Pract. Diabetes Int. 1994; 11: 251-254https://doi.org/10.1002/pdi.1960110610
- The effect of an instant hand sanitizer on blood glucose monitoring results.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2011; 5: 1444-1448https://doi.org/10.1177/193229681100500616
Foos J. The Effect of Alcohol Prep Pads and Blood Drop Number On Capillary Blood Glucose Values. Honors Theses and Capstones. Published online January 1, 2017. (Accessed 9 July 2020). https://scholars.unh.edu/honors/335.
- Blood extraction from lancet wounds using vacuum combined with skin stretching.J. Appl. Physiol. 2002; 92: 1089-1096https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00798.2001
- The impact of needle diameter and penetration depth of safety lancets on blood volume and pain perception in 300 volunteers: a randomized controlled trial.J. Med. Lab. Diagn. 2019; 10: 1-12https://doi.org/10.5897/jmld2018.0146