- •Prenatal weight stigma concerns was associated with gestational diabetes.
- •The gestational diabetes and weight stigma association was stronger than with BMI.
- •This is the first investigation of prenatal weight stigma and gestational diabetes.
- •The intersection between weight stigma and diabetes requires further research.
- How and why weight stigma drives the obesity’ epidemic’ and harms health.BMC Med. 2018; 16: 123
- Obesity in adults: a clinical practice guideline.CMAJ. 2020; 192: E875-E891
- Weight stigma among pregnant and postpartum women: a new context of stigmatization.Stigma Health. 2020; 5: 209-216
- The psychological burden of baby weight: pregnancy, weight stigma, and maternal health.Soc. Sci. Med. 2019; 235112401
- Association between weight bias internalization and metabolic syndrome among treatment-seeking individuals with obesity.Obesity. 2017; 25: 317-322
- Health consequences of weight stigma: implications for obesity prevention and treatment.Curr. Obes. Rep. 2015; 4: 182-190
- Weight stigma mediates the association between BMI and self-reported health.Health Psychol. 2015; 34: 172-175
- Risk factors for gestational diabetes: an umbrella review of meta-analyses of observational studies.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0215372
- At multiple fronts: diabetes stigma and weight stigma in adults with type 2 diabetes.Diabet. Med. 2020; e14387
- Association of weight discrimination during pregnancy and postpartum with maternal postpartum health.Health Psychol. 2019; 38: 226-237
- Gestational diabetes mellitus and macrosomia: a literature review.Ann. Nutr. Metab. 2015; 66: 14-20
- Comparison of maternal and fetal outcomes in parturients with and without a diagnosis of gestational diabetes.Rev. Bras. Ginecol. Obstet. 2019; 41: 647-653
- Antenatal depression and risk of gestational diabetes, adverse pregnancy outcomes and postpartum quality of life.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2021; (Ahead of print)
- Measuring internalized weight attitudes across body weight categories: validation of the modified weight bias internalization scale.Body Image. 2014; 11: 89-92
- Coming soon: an internalized weight bias assessment scale for use during pregnancy.Obesity. 2021; 29: 788-789