- •Mobile applications have become popular in providing healthcare services.
- •A case-control study was conducted to assess the effectiveness of ‘Diahome app’.
- •Glycaemic improvement was significantly better with Diahome than usual approach.
- •Patients found real-time virtual consultation convenient and acceptable.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The rise of telemedicine: lessons from a global pandemic.EMJ Innov. 2020; 59: 64-69https://doi.org/10.33590/emjinnov/20-00239
- The benefits of telemedicine in personalized prevention of cardiovascular diseases (CVD): a systematic review.J. Pers. Med. 2021; 11: 658https://doi.org/10.3390/jpm11070658
- Digital health and diabetes: Experience from India.Ther. Adv. Endocrinol. Metab. 2021; 12https://doi.org/10.1177/20420188211054676
- Effectiveness of mobile phone text messaging in improving glycaemic control among persons with newly detected type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin. Pr. 2019; 158107919https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2019.107919
- Suboptimal Glycemic Control Among Subjects With Diabetes Mellitus In India: A Subset Analysis Of Cross-Sectional Wave-7 (2016) Data From The International Diabetes Management Practices Study (IDMPS).Ther. Adv. Endocrinol. Metab. 2020; 11https://doi.org/10.1177/2042018820937217
- Clinical management of type 2 diabetes in South Asia.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2018; 6: 979-991https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(18)30199-2
- Trend In The Clinical Profile Of Type 2 Diabetes In India - Study From A Diabetes Care Centre In South India.Diabetes Metab. Syndr. 2020; 14: 1851-1857https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2020.09.018
- Diabcare India 2011 Study Group. Current Status Of Management, Control, Complications And Psychosocial Aspects Of Patients With Diabetes In India: Results From The Diabcare India 2011 Study.Indian J. Endocrinol. Metab. 2014; 18: 370-378https://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210.129715
- The profile of clinically diagnosed new type 2 diabetes among Asian Indians.Endocrinol. Diabetes Metab. J. 2020; 4: 1-4https://doi.org/10.31038/EDMJ.2020434
- Awareness about diabetes and its complications in the general and diabetic population in a city in Southern India.Diabetes Res Clin. Pr. 2007; 77: 433-437https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2007.01.004
- Diabetes Digital App Technology: Benefits, Challenges, and Recommendations. A Consensus Report by the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Diabetes Technology Working Group.Diabetes Care. 2020; 63: 229-241https://doi.org/10.2337/dci19-0062
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Telemedicine practice guidelines [internet]. New Delhi, 2020. Available from 〈https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Telemedicine.pdf〉.
- Efficacy of telemedicine on glycaemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis.World J. Diabetes. 2021; 12: 170-197https://doi.org/10.4239/wjd.v12.i2.170
- Telemedicine for diabetes care: an indian perspective - feasibility and efficacy.Indian J. Endocrinol. Metab. 2015; 19: 764-769https://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210.167560
- Expert consensus on telemedicine management of diabetes (2020 Edition).Int J. Endocrinol. 2021; 2021: 6643491https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/6643491
- Recommendations on Digital Interventions for Health System Strengthening.World Health Organization,, Geneva2019 (Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO)
- The digital/virtual diabetes clinic: the future is now-recommendations from an international panel on diabetes digital technologies introduction.Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2021; 23: 146-154https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2020.0375
- Management Of Diabetes Mellitus Through Teleconsultation During COVID-19 And Similar Scenarios - Guidelines From Indian Council Of Medical Research (ICMR) Expert Group.Diabetes Metab. Syndr. 2021; 15102242https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2021.102242
- Use of virtual care for glycemic management in people with types 1 and 2 diabetes and diabetes in pregnancy: a rapid review.Can. J. Diabetes. 2021; 45: 677-688.e2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcjd.2021.02.007
- Telehealth for people with diabetes: poised for a new approach.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2022; 10: 8-10https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(21)00312-0
- Utilisation of telehealth for outpatient diabetes management during COVID‐19 pandemic: how did the patients fare?.Intern Med J. 2021; 51: 2021-2026https://doi.org/10.1111/imj.15441
- Acceptability and utilization of newer technologies and effects on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes: lessons learned from lockdown.Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2020; 22: 527-534https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2020.0240
- Secular Trends In Diabetes In India (Stride-I): Change In Prevalence In 10 Years Among Urban And Rural Populations In Tamil Nadu.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 476-485https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-1559
- Mdiabetes initiative using text messages to improve lifestyle and health-seeking behaviour in India.BMJ Innov. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjinnov-2017-000265
- Effectiveness of mobile phone messaging in prevention of type 2 diabetes by lifestyle modification in men in India: a prospective, parallel-group, randomised controlled trial.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2013; 1: 191-198https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587 (13)70067-6