- •Visual analogue scale (VAS) is a simple tool to measure medication adherence.
- •VAS has not been widely used or validated in Indian setting.
- •Self-reported adherence scales may not be reliable in a rural population.
- •Need for innovative, easy-to-administer measures that can be used in rural settings.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Real-world evidence of glycemic control among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in India: the TIGHT study.BMJ Open Diabetes Res. Care. 2019; 7e000654
- A community-based study on diabetes medication non-adherence and its risk factors in rural Tamil Nadu.Indian J. Community Med. 2018; 43: 72-76
- The adherence to medications in diabetic patients in rural Kerala, India.Asia Pac. J. Public Health. 2015; 27 (NP513-23)
- Improving Patient Treatment Adherence: A Clinician’s Guide.Springer,, New York2010
- Methods for measuring and monitoring medication regimen adherence in clinical trials and clinical practice.Clin. Ther. 1999; 21: 1074-1090
- Suboptimal adherence associated with virological failure and resistance mutations to first-line highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in Bangalore, India.Int. Health. 2011; 3: 27-34
- Visual analogue scale (VAS) measurement of antiretroviral adherence in people living with HIV (PLWH): a meta-analysis.J. Behav. Med. 2016; 39: 1043-1055
- Improving mental health through integration with primary care in rural Karnataka: study protocol of a cluster randomized control trial.BMC Fam. Pr. 2018; 19: 158
- Hemoglobin A1c Targets for Glycemic Control With Pharmacologic Therapy for Nonpregnant Adults With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Guidance Statement Update From the American College of Physicians.Ann. Intern Med. 2018; 168: 569-576
- The Diabetes Self-Management Questionnaire (DSMQ): development and evaluation of an instrument to assess diabetes self-care activities associated with glycemic control.Health Qual. Life Outcomes. 2013 13; 11: 138
- Factors associated with non adherence to diet and physical activity among Nepalese type 2 diabetes patients; a cross sectional study.BMC Res. Notes. 2014; 7: 758
- Mediators of social support and antiretroviral adherence among an indigent population in New York City.AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2002; 16: 431-439
- Using sexually transmitted infection biomarkers to validate reporting of sexual behavior within a randomized, experimental evaluation of interviewing methods.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2008; 168: 202-211
- Assessing the reporting of adherence and sexual activity in a simulated microbicide trial in South Africa: an interview mode experiment using a placebo gel.AIDS Behav. 2011; 15: 407-421
- Disclosure of sensitive behaviors across self-administered survey modes: a meta-analysis.Behav. Res Methods. 2015; 47: 1237-1259
- Factors associated with false-positive self-reported adherence to antihypertensive drugs.J. Hum. Hypertens. 2017; 31: 320-326
- Social desirability bias: A confounding factor to consider in survey by self-administered questionnaire.Indian J. Pharm. 2018; 50: 143-144
- Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy Among Children Living with HIV in South India.AIDS Behav. 2016; 20: 1076-1083
- Discrepancy among self-reported adherence, prescription refills, and actual anticoagulant control.J. Nurs. Res. 2020; 28e63
- Medication adherence measures: an overview.Biomed. Res Int. 2015; 2015217047
- The association between the measurement of adherence to anti-diabetes medicine and the HbA1c.Int. J. Clin. Pharm. 2014; 36: 488-497
- Validation of an instrument to measure adherence to type 2 diabetes management.Int J. Clin. Pharm. 2021; 43: 595-603