- •Depression and diabetes distress (DD) have been linked to worse glycemic control..
- •Prevalence of depression and DD can be difficult to estimate.
- •There is limited data on whether they are associated with diabetes complications.
- •In this study, neither depression nor DD correlated with glycemic control.
- •Those with depression were more likely to have diabetes-related complications.
Abbreviations:DD (diabetes distress), DDS (Diabetes Distress Scale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Twenty-five years of diabetes distress research.Diabet. Med. 2020; 37: 393-400https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.14157
- The importance of addressing depression and diabetes distress in adults with type 2 diabetes.J. Gen. Intern Med. 2018; 34: 320-324https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-018-4705-2
- Distress and living with diabetes: defining characteristics through an online survey.Diabetes Ther. 2022; 13: 1585-1597https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-022-01291-3
N. McGrath, S. McHugh, E. Racine, et al., Barriers and enablers to screening and diagnosing diabetes distress and depression in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a qualitative evidence synthesis, Prim. Care Diab. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pcd.2021.08.007.
- When is diabetes distress clinically meaningful?: establishing cut points for the Diabetes Distress Scale.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 259-264https://doi.org/10.2337/dc11-1572
- Measuring beliefs about taking hypoglycaemic medication among people with type 2 diabetes.Diabet. Med. 2006; 23: 265-270https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-5491.2005.01778.x
- Diabet. Ther. 2015; 6: 303-316https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-015-0118-y
- Impact of participation in a virtual diabetes clinic on diabetes-related distress in individuals with type 2 diabetes.Clin. Diabetes. 2020; 38: 357-362https://doi.org/10.2337/cd19-0105
- Diabetes-related distress over the course of illness: results from the Diacourse study.Diabet. Med. 2015; 32: 1617-1624https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.12743