- •Diabetic pregnant women experience Fear of hypoglycemia (FoH).
- •Higher FoH was observed among those with a history of hypoglycemia.
- •Young age, less educated and having depression predict FoH of pregnant women.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Lapolla A., Metzger B.E. Gestational diabetes: A decade after the HAPO Study: Karger Medical and Scientific Publishers; 2019.
- Diabetes in Pregnancy: The Complete Guide To Management. IX. Springer Cham, New York2018: 254 1st ed.,.
- IDF diabetes atlas: global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2017 and projections for 2045.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2018; 138: 271-281
- Protective effects of syringin against oxidative stress and inflammation in diabetic pregnant rats via TLR4/MyD88/NF-κB signaling pathway.Biomed. Pharmacother. 2020; 131110681
- Prevalence of diabetes in pregnancy among Indigenous women in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the USA: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Glob. Health. 2020; 8: e681-e698
- Is there an increased risk of perinatal mental disorder in women with gestational diabetes? A systematic review and meta‐analysis.Diabet. Med. 2020; 37: 602-622
- Outcomes of singleton and twin pregnancies complicated by pre-existing diabetes and gestational diabetes: a population-based study in Alberta, Canada, 2005–11.J. Diabetes. 2016; 8: 45-55
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of gestational diabetes mellitus and mental health among BAME populations.EClinicalMedicine. 2021; 38101016
- Associations between gestational diabetes and anxiety or depression: a systematic review.J. Diabetes Res. 2021; 20219959779
- Erratum to diabetes and pregnancy.Can. J. Diabetes. 2018; 42 (Canadian Journal of Diabetes. 2018;42(3):337): S255-S282
- IDF Diabetes Atlas: The prevalence of pre-existing diabetes in pregnancy – a systematic reviewand meta-analysis of studies published during 2010–2020.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2022; 183109049
- IDF Diabetes Atlas: estimation of global and regional gestational diabetes mellitus prevalence for 2021 by International Association of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group’s Criteria.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2022; 183109050
- American Indian diabetes beliefs and practices: anxiety, fear, and dread in pregnant women with diabetes.Diabetes Spectr. 2015; 28: 258-263
- Fear of hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes: do patients and diabetologists feel the same way?.Diabetes Metab. 2013; 39: 63-70
- The impact of hypoglycaemia on quality of life and related patient‐reported outcomes in Type 2 diabetes: a narrative review.Diabet. Med. 2012; 29: 293-302
- Fear of hypoglycemia: quantification, validation, and utilization.Diabetes Care. 1987; 10: 617-621
- Predictors of hypoglycemia fear in patients with type 2 diabetes under treatment of oral anti hyperglycemic agents.Iran. J. Endocrinol. Metab. 2016; 18: 28-36
- The general self-efficacy scale (GSE).Anxiety Stress Coping. 2010; 12: 329-345
- Psychometric properties of Sherer's General Self-Efficacy Scale.J. Psychol. 2006; 10: 262-274
- Reliability and validity of a new medication adherence rating scale (MARS) for the psychoses.Schizophr. Res. 2000; 42: 241-247
- Role of illness and medication perceptions on adherence to medication in a group of Iranian patients with type 2 diabetes.J. Diabetes. 2012; 4: 243-247
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr. Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- The validity of the hospital anxiety and depression scale: an updated literature review.J. Psychosom. Res. 2002; 52: 69-77
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale (HADS): translation and validation study of the Iranian version.Health Qual. Life Outcomes. 2003; 1: 1-5
- Impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in women with type 1 diabetes in pregnancy: Hypoglycaemia fear, glycaemic and pregnancy outcomes.Diabet. Med. 2022; 39e14789
- The effect of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing on the fear of hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetic patients: a randomized clinical trial.BMC Psychol. 2020; 8: 1-8
- Factors affecting hypoglycemia fear in patients with type 2 diabetes.J. Inflamm. Dis. 2019; 23: 104-115
- Self-report of hypoglycemia and health-related quality of life in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.Endocr. Pract. 2013; 19: 792-799
- Fear of hypoglycemia and its determinants in insulin‐treated patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.J. Diabetes Investig. 2015; 6: 567-570
- Toward defining a cutoff score for elevated fear of hypoglycemia on the hypoglycemia fear survey worry subscale in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: 102-108
- Fear of hypoglycemia in women and men with type 1 diabetes.Nurs. Res. 2014; 63: 143-149
- Fear of hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: impact of therapeutic advances and strategies for prevention-a review.J. Diabetes Complicat. 2016; 30: 167-177
- Beliefs about insulin as a predictor of fear of hypoglycaemia.Chronic Illn. 2009; 5: 250-256
- Depression as a predictor of hypoglycemia worry in parents of youth with recent‐onset type 1 diabetes.Pediatr. Diabetes. 2020; 21: 909-916
- Fear of hypoglycaemia—from normality to pathology. Diagnostic criteria and therapeutic directions.Clin. Diabetol. 2020; 9: 487-492