- ●Good glycemic control in patients with diabetes is crucial to prevent diabetes complications.
- ●HbA1c levels tend to reach a certain level and then plateau after diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
- ●Early HbA1c levels were closely associated with recent HbA1c levels and diabetes complications in type 1 diabetes patients.
- ●Strict glucose control after diagnosis and reducing variability of HbA1c may prevent future diabetic complications.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.N. Engl. J. Med. 1993; 329: 977-986
- Good glycemic control remains crucial in prevention of late diabetic complications--the Linköping Diabetes Complications Study.Pedia Diabetes. 2009; 10: 168-176
- Modern-day clinical course of type 1 diabetes mellitus after 30 years' duration: the diabetes control and complications trial/epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications and Pittsburgh epidemiology of diabetes complications experience (1983-2005).Arch. Intern Med. 2009; 169: 1307-1316
- Metabolic health and vascular complications in type 1 diabetes.J. Diabetes Complicat. 2019; 33: 634-640
Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease in Type 1 Diabetes, Diabetes 65 (2016) 1370–1379.
- International consensus on use of continuous glucose monitoring.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1631-1640
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines 2018: glycemic control targets and glucose monitoring for children, adolescents, and young adults with diabetes.Pedia Diabetes. 2018; 19: 105-114
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines 2018: microvascular and macrovascular complications in children and adolescents.Pedia Diabetes. 2018; 19: 262-274
- Tracking of metabolic control from childhood to young adulthood in type 1 diabetes.J. Pedia. 2014; 165 (956-961.e951-952)
- Clinically meaningful and lasting HbA(1c) improvement rarely occurs after 5 years of type 1 diabetes: an argument for early, targeted and aggressive intervention following diagnosis.Diabetologia. 2018; 61: 1064-1070
- A high mean-HbA1c value 3-15 months after diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in childhood is related to metabolic control, macroalbuminuria, and retinopathy in early adulthood--a pilot study using two nation-wide population based quality registries.Pedia Diabetes. 2014; 15: 229-235
- HbA1c tracking and bio-psychosocial determinants of glycaemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: retrospective cohort study and multilevel analysis.Pedia Diabetes. 2014; 15: 372-383
- Persistent individual tracking within overall improvement in HbA1c in a UK paediatric diabetes clinic over 15 years.Diabet. Med. 2010; 27: 1284-1288
- Does poor early metabolic control predict subsequent poor control in young children with type 1 diabetes: an exploratory study.J. Diabetes. 2011; 3: 153-157
- Metabolic control in children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus 5 y after diagnosis. Early detection of patients at risk for poor metabolic control.Acta Paediatr. 1998; 87: 857-864
- Type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents: a position statement by the american diabetes association.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 2026-2044
- A1C variability and the risk of microvascular complications in type 1 diabetes: data from the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 2198-2202
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines 2018: diabetic ketoacidosis and the hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state.Pedia Diabetes. 2018; 19: 155-177
- Blood pressure reference values for normal weight korean children and adolescents: data from The Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1998-2016: the Korean working group of pediatric hypertension.Korean Circ. J. 2019; 49: 1167-1180
- Clinical practice guidelines for dyslipidemia of Korean children and adolescents.Ann. Pedia Endocrinol. Metab. 2020; 25 (2017): 199-207
- Effect of early glycemic control on HbA1c tracking and development of vascular complications after 5 years of childhood onset type 1 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis.Pedia Diabetes. 2019; 20: 494-509
- Effects of metformin added to insulin in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: an exploratory crossover randomized trial.J. Diabetes Res. 2020; 20207419345
- Use of a do-it-yourself artificial pancreas system is associated with better glucose management and higher quality of life among adults with type 1 diabetes.Ther. Adv. Endocrinol. Metab. 2020; 11 (2042018820950146)
- Comparing dual-hormone and single-hormone automated insulin delivery systems on nocturnal glucose management among children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a pooled analysis.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.14850
- Intra-individual variability and longitudinal changes in glycaemic control in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.Diabet. Med. 2000; 17: 451-456
- Effects of beta-cell rest on beta-cell function: a review of clinical and preclinical data.Pedia Diabetes. 2008; 9: 14-22
- 'The honeymoon phase' in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: frequency, duration, and influential factors.Pedia Diabetes. 2006; 7: 101-107
- Influence of age at diagnosis and time-dependent risk factors on the development of diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 1 diabetes.J. Diabetes Res. 2016; 20169898309
- Risk factors for retinopathy in type 1 diabetes: the DCCT/EDIC study.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 875-882
- Standards of medical care in diabetes-2021.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: S73-s84
- Diagnosis and management of diabetes in children and young people: summary of updated NICE guidance.Bmj. 2016; 352: i139
- Continuous glucose monitoring use and glucose variability in pre-school children with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin. Pr. 2019; 147: 76-80
- Association between HbA1c variability and risk of microvascular complications in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2016; 101: 3257-3263
- HbA1c variability as an independent risk factor for microvascular complications in type 1 diabetes.J. Diabetes Sci. Technol. 2022; (19322968221100833)https://doi.org/10.1177/19322968221100833
- Metabolic control, self-care behaviors, and parenting in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a correlational study.Diabetes Educ. 2010; 36: 326-336