- •Our sample included 208 children and adolescents with a median HbA1c of 7.3 %.
- •Insulin pump provided by the national health service allows most to use it.
- •Insulin pump users had a lower HbAc.
- •Continuous glucose monitoring users had a lower HbAc.
- •In Portugal, healthy policy allows to achieve better goals in DM1 patients.
Abbreviations:ADA (American Diabetes Association), AGP (Ambulatory Glucose Profile), BGM (Blood glucose monitoring), BMI (Body mass index), CI (Confidence interval), CGM (Continuous glucose monitoring), rtCGM ((real-time CGM)), isCGM ((intermittently scanned CGM)), CSII (Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion), CV (Glycemic variability), MI (Glucose management indicator), IQ (Interquartil range), ISPAD (International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes), MDI (Multiple daily injections), OR (Odds ratios), PLGS (Predictive low glucose suspend system), SAP (Sensor-augmented pumps), SD (Standard deviation), T1D (Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus), TAR (Time above range), TBR (Time below range), TIR (Time in range), y (Years)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global estimates of incidence of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents: results from the International Diabetes Federation Atlas.Diabetes Res Clin. Pr. 2022; 183 (tenth ed.)109083https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2021.109083
Vale S., Martins A.F., Cruz D., Freitas G. Programa Nacional para a Diabetes, Direção Geral da Saúde. Programa Nacional para a Diabetes 2019. Desafios e Estratégias. ISBN: 978–972-675–302-5.
- ISPAD Clinical Practice Consensus Guidelines 2018: insulin treatment in children and adolescents with diabetes.Pedia Diabetes. 2018; 19: 115-135https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12718
- Effect of intensive diabetes treatment on the development and progression of long-term complications in adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: Diabetes Control and Complications Trial. Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group.J. Pedia. 1994; 125: 177-188https://doi.org/10.1016/s0022-3476(94)70190-3
- ISPAD clinical practice consensus guidelines 2018: glycemic control targets and glucose monitoring for children, adolescents, and young adults with diabetes.Pedia Diabetes. 2018; 19: 105-114https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12737
- 14. Children and adolescents: standards of medical care in diabetes-2022.Diabetes Care. 45. 2022: S208-S231https://doi.org/10.2337/dc22-S014
- Validation of time in range as an outcome measure for diabetes clinical trials.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 400-405https://doi.org/10.2337/dc18-1444
- Clinical targets for continuous glucose monitoring data interpretation: recommendations from the international consensus on time in range.Diabetes Care. 2019; 42: 1593-1603https://doi.org/10.2337/dci19-0028
Araújo F.M.F. Despacho n.o 13277/2016. D.R. 2.a série. 213 (2016–11-07) 33021–33022 Determina, no âmbito do Programa Nacional para a Diabetes, o desenvolvimento da estratégia de Acesso a Tratamento com Dispositivos de Perfusão Subcutânea Contínua de Insulina (PSCI). Published online 2016:1–2.
Libre F. Maria do Céu. Published online 2018:1–2.
- Real-world performance of the minimed™ 670G system in Europe.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2021; 23: 1942-1949https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.14424
- Comparison of MiniMed 780G system performance in users aged younger and older than 15 years: evidence from 12 870 real-world users.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2022; 24: 1370-1379https://doi.org/10.1111/dom.14714
- International benchmarking in type 1 diabetes: large difference in childhood HbA1c between eight high-income countries but similar rise during adolescence-a quality registry study.Pedia Diabetes. 2020; 21: 621-627https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.13014
- Glycemic control, depression, diabetes distress among adolescents with type 1 diabetes: effects of sex, race, insurance, and obesity.Acta Diabetol. 2021; 58: 1627-1635https://doi.org/10.1007/s00592-021-01768-w
- Sleep and glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.Pedia Diabetes. 2018; 19: 143-149