- •The 10-year CVD risk was reduced by 0.96% with a d‐DPP at 4 months.
- •The proportion of people with cardiometabolic risk factors was reduced in a d‐DPP.
- •Targeting peoples with prediabetes at intermediate or high ASCVD risk at baseline.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2021 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2021; 143: e254-e743
American Heart Association. Cardiovascular disease: a costly burden for America (projections through 2035). Washington, DC: American Heart Association; 2017. 2019.
- Annual incidence and relative risk of diabetes in people with various categories of dysglycemia: a systematic overview and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2007; 78: 305-312https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2007.05.004
- Risk of cardiovascular and all-cause mortality in individuals with diabetes mellitus, impaired fasting glucose, and impaired glucose tolerance: the Australian Diabetes, Obesity, and Lifestyle Study (AusDiab).Circulation. 2007; 116: 151-157
- Diabetes and glucose tolerance as risk factors for cardiovascular disease: the Framingham study.Diabetes Care. 1979; 2: 120-126
- Impaired glucose tolerance increases stroke risk in nondiabetic patients with transient ischemic attack or minor ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2006; 37: 1413-1417
- Association between prediabetes and risk of cardiovascular disease and all cause mortality: systematic review and meta-analysis.Bmj. 2016; : 355
- Cardiovascular risk factor targets and cardiovascular disease event risk in diabetes: a pooling project of the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study, Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis, and Jackson Heart Study.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 668-676
- Defining and setting national goals for cardiovascular health promotion and disease reduction: the American Heart Association’s strategic Impact Goal through 2020 and beyond.Circulation. 2010; 121: 586-613
- Changing lifestyle behaviors to improve the prevention and management of cardiovascular disease.Handbook of psychocardiology Singapore. Springer, 2016: 1077-1094
- Healthy behavior change and cardiovascular outcomes in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients: a cohort analysis of the ADDITION-Cambridge study.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: 1712-1720
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N. Engl. J. Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
- Effect of lifestyle interventions on cardiovascular risk factors among adults without impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.PloS One. 2017; 12e0176436
- AHA/ACC guideline on lifestyle management to reduce cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014. 2013; 63: 2960-2984
- Reduced 10-year risk of coronary heart disease in patients who participated in a community-based diabetes prevention program: the DEPLOY pilot study.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 394-396
- One-year cardiovascular risk and quality of life changes in participants of a health trainer service.Perspect. Public Health. 2014; 134: 135-144
- A community based primary prevention programme for type 2 diabetes integrating identification and lifestyle intervention for prevention: the Let's Prevent Diabetes cluster randomised controlled trial.Prev. Med. 2016; 84: 48-56
- Regression from prediabetes to normal glucose regulation is associated with reduction in cardiovascular risk: results from the Diabetes Prevention Program outcomes study.Diabetes care. 2014; 37: 2622-2631
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A Guide for Using Telehealth Technologies in Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support and in the National Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Change Program. 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/programs/stateandlocal/resources/telehealth.html. Accessed February 17 2022.
- A novel diabetes prevention intervention using a mobile app: a randomized controlled trial with overweight adults at risk.Am. J. Prev. Med. 2015; 49: 223-237
- Mobile delivery of the diabetes prevention program in people with prediabetes: randomized controlled Trial.JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2020; 8e17842
- Effects of a Digital Diabetes Prevention Program on HbA1c and Body Weight in Prediabetes.Am. J. Prev. Med. 2021;
- Effects of a lifestyle intervention on cardiovascular risk among high-risk individuals for diabetes in a low-and middle-income setting: secondary analysis of the Kerala Diabetes Prevention Program.Prev. Med. 2020; 139106068
- Comparative effectiveness of lifestyle intervention efforts in the community: results of the Rethinking Eating and ACTivity (REACT) study.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 202-209
- Effects of a 2-year primary care lifestyle intervention on cardiometabolic risk factors: a cluster-randomized trial.Circulation. 2021; 143: 1202-1214
- Preventing diabetes with digital health and coaching for translation and scalability (PREDICTS): a type 1 hybrid effectiveness-implementation trial protocol.Contemp. Clin. Trials. 2019; 105877https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2019.105877
- Costing a population health management approach for participant recruitment to a diabetes prevention study.Transl. Behav. Med. 2021;
Wilson K., Michaud T., Almeida F., Schwab R., Porter G., Aquilina K. et al. Using a population health management approach to enroll participants in a diabetes prevention trial: Reach outcomes from the PREDICTS randomized clinical trial. 2021.
- Outcomes of a digital health program with human coaching for diabetes risk reduction in a Medicare population.J. Aging Health. 2018; 30: 692-710
- Cost savings and reduced health care utilization associated with participation in a digital diabetes prevention program in an adult workforce population.J. Health Econ. Outcomes Res. 2020; 7: 139
- The Godin-Shephard leisure-time physical activity questionnaire.Health Fit. J. Can. 2011; 4: 18-22
- Glasgow RE. starting the conversation: performance of a brief dietary assessment and intervention tool for health professionals.Am. J. Prev. Med. 2011; 40: 67-71https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2010.10.009
- ACC/AHA guideline on the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019. 2019; 74: e177-e232
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2014; 129: S49-S73https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.0000437741.48606.98
- A comprehensive definition for metabolic syndrome.Dis. Model Mech. 2009; 2: 231-237https://doi.org/10.1242/dmm.001180
- Diagnosis and management of the metabolic syndrome: an American Heart Association/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Scientific Statement.Circulation. 2005; 112: 2735-2752https://doi.org/10.1161/circulationaha.105.169404
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Facts About Hypertension. https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm. Accessed January 28 2022.
Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. Impact of intensive lifestyle and metformin therapy on cardiovascular disease risk factors in the diabetes prevention program. Diabetes care. 2005;28(4):888–894.
- Impact of a digital diabetes prevention program on risk factors for chronic disease in a workforce cohort.J. Occup. Environ. Med. 2020; 62