- •The MICT can improve the glucose metabolism in diabetic elderly.
- •The HIIT can improve the glucose metabolism in diabetic elderly.
- •The HIIT have an advantage over MICT on glucose metabolism in diabetic elderly.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care Diabetes
- Twelve weeks of sprint interval training improves indices of cardiometabolic health similar to traditional endurance training despite a five-fold lower exercise volume and time commitment.PLoS One. 2016; 11https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0154075
- Oxidative stress and hemorheological changes induced by acute treadmill exercise.Clin. Hemorheol. Microcirc. 2003; 28: 29-40
- Effect of mat pilates exercise on postural alignment and body composition of middle-aged women..J. Phys. Ther. Sci. 2016; 28: 1691-1695https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.28.1691
- Acute resistance training affects cell surface markers for apoptosis and migration in CD4+ and CD8+ lymphocytes.Cell. Immunol. 2012; 279: 134-139https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cellimm.2012.11.002
- Immune responses to resistance exercise.Exerc. Immunol. Rev. 2012; 18: 8-41
- The effects of acute high-intensity interval training on hematological parameters in sedentary subjects.Med. Sci. 2017; 5: 15https://doi.org/10.3390/medsci5030015
- Physiological adaptations to low-volume, high-intensity interval training in health and disease.J. Physiol. 2012; 590: 1077-1084https://doi.org/10.1113/jphysiol.2011.224725
- Physical activity, cardiorespiratory fitness, and exercise training in primary and secondary coronary prevention.Circ. J. 2013; 77: 281-292https://doi.org/10.1253/circj.CJ-13-0007
- Ginástica geral pode melhorar a marcha e a capacidade cardiovascular de idosos.Rev. Bras. Med. Do Esport. 2016; 22: 306-310https://doi.org/10.1590/1517-869220162204147715
- Exercise metabolism and the molecular regulation of skeletal muscle adaptation.Cell Metab. 2013; 17: 162-184https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cmet.2012.12.012
- Targeted exercise against osteoporosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis for optimising bone strength throughout life.BMC Med. 2010; 8https://doi.org/10.1186/1741-7015-8-47
- Short-term sprint interval versus traditional endurance training: Similar initial adaptations in human skeletal muscle and exercise performance.J. Physiol. 2006; 575: 901-911https://doi.org/10.1113/jphysiol.2006.112094
- Multimodal HIIT is more efficient than moderate continuous training for management of body composition, lipid profile and glucose metabolism in the diabetic elderly.Int. J. Morphol. 2020; 38: 392-399https://doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022020000200392
- Acute and post-exercise physiological responses to high-intensity interval training in endurance and sprint athletes.J. Sport. Sci. Med. 2017;
- Effects of two high-intensity interval training concepts in recreational runners.Int. J. Sports Med. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1055/a-0964-0155
- High-intensity interval training in patients with lifestyle-induced cardiometabolic disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Br. J. Sports Med. 2014; 48: 1227-1234https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2013-092576
- Association of physical activity intensity with mortality: a national cohort study of 403 681 US adults.JAMA Intern. Med. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2020.6331
- High-intensity interval training: a review of its impact on glucose control and cardiometabolic health.Diabetologia. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-016-4106-1
- Influence of acute and chronic exercise on glucose uptake.J. Diabetes Res. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/2868652
- Short-term exercise training reduces glycaemic variability and lowers circulating endothelial microparticles in overweight and obese women at elevated risk of type 2 diabetes.Eur. J. Sport Sci. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1080/17461391.2019.1576772
- Efeito do treinamento combinado de baixa intensidade e o controle da glicemia em idosos diabéticos tipo 2.Res., Soc. Dev. 2021; 10
- Exercise training increases insulin-stimulated glucose disposal and GLUT4 (SLC2A4) protein content in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetologia. 2006; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-006-0457-3
- Exercise, GLUT4, and skeletal muscle glucose uptake.Physiol. Rev. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1152/physrev.00038.2012
- Effects of endurance exercise training on insulin signaling in human skeletal muscle: interactions at the level of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, and AS160.Diabetes. 2007; https://doi.org/10.2337/db06-1698
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.Syst. Rev. 2021; 10: 1-11https://doi.org/10.1186/S13643-021-01626-4/FIGURES/1
J. Higgins, J. Thomas, J. Chandler, M. Cumpston, T. Li, Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions, 2019. 〈https://books.google.com.br/books?hl=pt-BR&lr=&id=cTqyDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR3&dq=Cochrane+Handbook+for+Systematic+Reviews+of+Interventions+version&ots=tvmHC5uEoi&sig=qQqQUSieXW3XmLbjsotZCT5cTaA〉 (accessed 4 January 2023).
C. Santos, … C.P.-R. latino-americana, undefined 2007, The PICO strategy for the research question construction and evidence search, SciELO Bras. (n.d.). 〈https://www.scielo.br/j/rlae/a/CfKNnz8mvSqVjZ37Z77pFsy〉 (Accessed 4 January 2023).
- The effects of concurrent training combining both resistance exercise and high-intensity interval training or moderate-intensity continuous training on metabolic syndrome.Front. Physiol. 2020; 11: 1-10https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2020.00572
- Optimizing the interaction of exercise volume and metformin to induce a clinically significant reduction in metabolic syndrome severity: a randomised trial.Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2020; https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17103695
- High-intensity interval training versus moderate-intensity continuous training in middle-aged and older patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled crossover trial of the acute effects of treadmill walking on glycemic control.Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2019; https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16214163
- High-intensity interval training improves metabolic syndrome and body composition in outpatient cardiac rehabilitation patients with myocardial infarction.Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1186/s12933-019-0907-0
- Physiological adaptations to interval training and the role of exercise intensity.J. Physiol. 2017; 595: 2915-2930https://doi.org/10.1113/JP273196
- Effectiveness of high-intensity interval training on glycemic control and cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-018-1012-z
- High-intensity interval training versus continuous training on physiological and metabolic variables in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes: A meta-analysis.Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2017.12.017
- Effects of high-intensity interval training in school on the physical performance and health of children and adolescents: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Sport. Med. - Open. 2022; 8https://doi.org/10.1186/s40798-022-00437-8
- Adding high-intensity interval training to conventional training modalities: optimizing health-related outcomes during chemotherapy for breast cancer: the OptiTrain randomized controlled trial.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2017; : 1-15https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-017-4571-3
- Influence of supervision ratio on muscle adaptations to resistance training in nontrained subjects.J. Strength Cond. Res. 2010; 24: 639-643
- Twelve weeks of high-intense interval training enhance the neuromuscular and cardiorespiratory performance of elderly.Open Sports Sci. J. 2020; 13: 42-48https://doi.org/10.2174/1875399x02013010042
- Twelve weeks of low volume sprint interval training improves cardio-metabolic health outcomes in overweight females.J. Sports Sci. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2018.1554615
- Channeling the flood of meta-analyses.Eur. J. Clin. Pharm. 2015; 71: 645-647https://doi.org/10.1007/s00228-015-1838-7
- Effectiveness of creatine supplementation on aging muscle and bone: focus on falls prevention and inflammation.J. Clin. Med. 2019; 8https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm8040488
- The impact of interval training on cardiorespiratory fitness, body composition, physical fitness, and metabolic parameters in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Exp. Gerontol. 2020; : 1-31https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.2.23869/v1
- American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181915670
- Effect of high-intensity interval training on total and abdominal fat mass in outpatient cardiac rehabilitation patients with myocardial infarction.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019; 73: 13https://doi.org/10.1016/s0735-1097(19)33775-1