- •Prevalence of poor sleep quality in Mexican patients with diabetes is 70 %.
- •50 % of these patients have lack of glycemic control and poor sleep quality.
- •The poor sleep quality significantly doubles the risk of uncontrolled diabetes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care Diabetes
- Sleep habits and diabetes.Diabetes Metab. 2015; 41: 263-271
- Short sleep duration as a risk factor for the development of the metabolic syndrome in adults.Prev. Med. 2013; 57: 872-877
- Sleep, type 2 diabetes, dyslipidemia, and hypertension in elderly Alzheimer's caregivers.Arch. Gerontol. Geriatr. 2013; 57: 70-77
- Inadequate sleep as a contributor to obesity and type 2 diabetes.Can. J. Diabetes. 2013; 37: 103-108
- Short and long sleep are positively associated with obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease among adults in the United States.Soc. Sci. Med. 2010; 71: 1027-1036
- Insufficient sleep as a contributor to weight gain: an update.Curr. Obes. Rep. 2012; 1: 245-256
- Sleep function: current questions and new approaches.Eur. J. Neurosci. 2009; 29: 1830-1841
- Effects of sleep deprivation on the tryptophan metabolism.Int. J. Tryptophan Res. 2020; 13 (1178646920970902)
- The role of sleep duration in diabetes and glucose control.Proc. Nutr. Soc. 2016; 75: 512-520
- 6. Glycemic targets: standards of care in diabetes-2023.Diabetes Care. 2023; 46: S97-S110
Kim B.K., Kim B.S., An S.Y., Lee M.S., Choi Y.J., Han S.J., et al. Sleep duration and glycemic control in patients with diabetes mellitus: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2007–2010. J Korean Med Sci., 28(9), pp. 1334–1339.
- Factors influencing sleep quality and its impact on glycemic control in patients with type II diabetes mellitus - A hospital based cross sectional study.IAIM. 2016; 3: 138-145
- Association of usual sleep quality and glycemic control in type 2 diabetes in Japanese: A cross sectional study. Sleep and Food Registry in Kanagawa (SOREKA).PLoS One. 2018; 13e0191771
- Impact of subjective sleep quality on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus.Fam. Pract. 2012; 29: 30-35
- Association between poor glycemic control, impaired sleep quality, and increased arterial thickening in type 2 diabetic patients.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0122521
- Sleep pattern, duration and quality in relation with glycemic control in people with Type 2 diabetes mellitus.Iran. J. Med Sci. 2016; 41: 531-538
- Chronotype is independently associated with glycemic control in type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 2523-2529
- The impact of sleep amount and sleep quality on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Sleep. Med Rev. 2017; 31: 91-101
- The relationship between sleep disturbance and glycaemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes: An integrative review.J. Clin. Nurs. 2017; 26: 4053-4064
International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas de la FID 2019 [9:[Available from: 〈https://www.diabetesatlas.org/upload/resources/material/20200302_133352_2406-IDF-ATLAS-SPAN-BOOK.pdf〉.
- Self-reported sleep duration, sleep quality and sleep problems in Mexicans adults: Results of the 2016 Mexican National Halfway Health and Nutrition Survey.Sleep. Health. 2021; 7: 246-253
Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública. Encuesta Nacional de Salud y Nutrición de Medio Camino 2016 (ENSANUT 2016) Informe final de resultados 2016 [Available from: 〈https://ensanut.insp.mx/encuestas/ensanut2016/informes.php〉.
- The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research.Psychiatry Res. 1989; 28: 193-213
- A Spanish version of the Athens Insomnia Scale.Qual. Life Res. 2011; 20: 931-937
- [Validation of the Epworth sleepiness scale in Mexican population].Gac. Med Mex. 2013; 149: 409-416
- [Reliability and factorial analysis of the Spanish version of the Pittsburg Sleep Quality Index among psychiatric patients].Gac. Med Mex. 2008; 144: 491-496
- Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; American Heart Association; World Heart Federation; International Atherosclerosis Society; and International Association for the Study of Obesity.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1640-1645
- [Obesity in Mexico, prevalence andtrends in adults. Ensanut 2018-19.].Salud Publica Mex. 2020; 62: 682-692
- COVID-19 and diabetes: The why, the what and the how.J. Diabetes Complicat. 2020; 34107637
- Association between Sleep Disruption and Levels of Lipids in Caucasians with Type 2 Diabetes.Int J. Endocrinol. 2013; 2013341506
- Association between insomnia and personality traits among Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.J. Diabetes Invest. 2019; 10: 484-490
- Association between insomnia and type 2 diabetes mellitus in Han Chinese individuals in Shandong Province, China.Sleep. Breath. 2019; 23: 349-354
- Sleep quality in type 2 diabetics.Rev. Lat. Am. Enferm. 2008; 16: 850-855
- Relation of sleep quality and sleep duration to type 2 diabetes: a population-based cross-sectional survey.BMJ Open. 2012; 2
- High incidence of diabetes in men with sleep complaints or short sleep duration: a 12-year follow-up study of a middle-aged population.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2762-2767
- Association between nighttime sleep duration, midday naps, and glycemic levels in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes.Sleep. Med. 2018; 44: 4-11
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension: an update.Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2014; 43: 103-122
- Summary of Revisions: Standards of Care in Diabetes-2023.Diabetes Care. 2023; 46: S5-S9
- Differential changes and interactions of autonomic functioning and sleep architecture before and after 50 years of age.Age (Dordr. ). 2016; 38: 5
Diagnóstico y Tratamiento Farmacológico de la Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 2 en el Primer Nivel de Atención [Internet]. 2018. Available from: 〈http://www.imss.gob.mx/guias_practicaclinica?field_categoria_gs_value=20〉.
- 5. Facilitating Positive Health Behaviors and Well-being to Improve Health Outcomes: Standards of Care in Diabetes-2023.Diabetes Care. 2023; 46: S68-S96