- •EnPHC is a multifaceted intervention that exists as an integrated care mode.
- •It improved seven out of fourteen processes of care in diabetes management.
- •Intermediate clinical outcomes such as HbA1c, LDL, and HDL were also measured.
- •Targets were met for three out of four outcomes, but they were not statistically significant.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Primary Care Diabetes
- The economic costs of type 2 diabetes: a global systematic review.PharmacoEconomics. 2015; 33: 811-831
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks for 195 countries and territories, 1990–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet, 2018. 392(10159): p. 1923–1994.
- Global economic burden of diabetes in adults: projections from 2015 to 2030.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 963-970
- (IPH), I.f.P.H., National Health and Morbidity Survey 2015 (NHMS 2015). Vol. II: Non-Communicable Diseases, Risk Factors & Other Health Problems. Malaysia.
- What are the direct medical costs of managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in Malaysia?.Med J. Malays. 2017; 72: 271-277
- Control and treatment profiles of 70,889 adult type 2 diabetes mellitus patients in Malaysia - a cross sectional survey in 2009 2011.Int. J. Collab. Res. Intern. Med. Public Health. 2011; 3: 98-113
- Current level of glycaemic control and its associated factors in patients with type 2 diabetes across Europe: data from the PANORAMA study.Clin. Endocrinol. (Oxf.). 2014; 80: 47-56
- Study protocol on Enhanced Primary Healthcare (EnPHC) interventions: a quasi-experimental controlled study on diabetes and hypertension management in primary healthcare clinics.Prim. Health Care Res. Dev. 2020; 21e27
- The effects of integrated care: a systematic review of UK and international evidence.BMC Health Serv. Res. 2018; 18: 350
- Aspects of multicomponent integrated care promote sustained improvement in surrogate clinical outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabetes Care. 2018; 41: 1312-1320
- Effectiveness of quality improvement strategies on the management of diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2012; 379: 2252-2261
- Effectiveness of the EMPOWER-PAR intervention in improving clinical outcomes of type 2 diabetes mellitus in primary care: a pragmatic cluster randomised controlled trial.BMC Fam. Pract. 2016; 17: 157
- A cluster-randomized trial to estimate the effect of mobile screening and treatment feedback on HbA1c and diabetes-related complications in Tshwane primary health care clinics, South Africa.Prim. Care Diabetes. 2017; 11: 546-554
- Implementation of national guidelines, incorporated within structured diabetes and hypertension records at primary level care in Cape Town, South Africa: a randomised controlled trial.Glob. Health Action. 2013; 6: 20796
- Using mobile health to enhance outcomes of noncommunicable diseases care in rural settings and refugee camps: randomized controlled trial.JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018; 6e137
- A systematic review of innovative diabetes care models in low-and middle-income countries (LMICs).J. Health Care Poor Under. 2014; 25: 72-93
- Malaysia Health System Review.Health Systems in Transition. Vol. 3. World Health Organization, 2013: 1
Malaysia Health Systems Research: Contextual analysis of the Malaysian health system. Ministry of Health Malaysia and Harvard University TH Chan School of Public Health. Putrajaya, Malaysia, 2016. Vol 1.: p. Retrieved from: 〈http://www.moh.gov.my/moh/resources/Vol_1_MHSR_Contextual_Analysis_2016.pdf〉.
- National medical care statistics (NMCS) 2014. Kuala Lumpur.Natl. Clin. Res. Cent. 2015;
- Institute of Health Systems Research, M.o.H.M., Malaysia Healthcare Demand Analysis. Inequalities in Healthcare Demand & Simulation of Trends and Impact of Potential Changes in Healthcare Spending. 2013.
- Enhanced Primary Healthcare Lab January- March 2017. 2017, MInistry of Health Malaysia: Malaysia.
- The essential role of pair matching in cluster-randomized experiments, with application to the Mexican Universal Health Insurance Evaluation.Statist. Sci. 2009; 24: 29-53
- ArcGIS desktop: release 10. Redlands.CA: Environ. Syst. Res. Inst. 2011;
- Evaluating the quality of medical care.Milbank Q. 2005; 83: 691-729
- Social cognitive theory: an agentic perspective.Annu. Rev. Psychol. 2001; 52: 1-26
- Health Systems, Patients Factors, and Quality of Care for Diabetes. Diabetes Care, 2010. 33(4): p. 940.
- Why do some people with type 2 diabetes who are using insulin have poor glycaemic control? A qualitative study.BMJ Open. 2015; 5e006407
Malaysian Clinical Practice Guidelines Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (5th Edition). 2015. Retrieved from:〈https://www.moh.gov.my/moh/resources/Penerbitan/CPG/Endocrine/3a.pdf〉.
R Core Team (2020). R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R foundation for statistical computing, Vienna, Australia. URL 〈https://www.R-project.org/〉.
- The R package geepack for generalized estimating equations.J. Stat. Softw. 2006; 15/2: 1-11
- Association of overweight with increased risk of coronary heart disease partly independent of blood pressure and cholesterol levels: a meta-analysis of 21 cohort studies including more than 300,000 persons.Arch. Intern Med. 2007; 167: 17208
- Excess body weight and incidence of stroke: meta-analysis of prospective studies with 2 million participants.Stroke. 2010; 41e41826
- Normal-weight central obesity: implications for total and cardiovascular mortality.Ann. Intern. Med. 2015; 163: 827-835
- The association between quality of care and the intensity of diabetes disease management programs.Ann. Intern. Med. 2006; 145: 107-116
- The effects of enhanced primary healthcare interventions on primary care providers’ job satisfaction.BMC Health Serv. Res. 2020; 20: 311
- Evaluation of Enhanced Primary Healthcare-Process Evaluation (ENPHC-PE).Institute Health System Research, Ministry of Health Malaysia,, 2019
- Is the number of documented diabetes process-of-care indicators associated with cardiometabolic risk factor levels, patient satisfaction, or self-rated quality of diabetes care?.Transl. Res. into Action Diabetes (TRIAD) Study. 2006; 29: 2108-2113
- Clinic and patient variation in intermediate clinical outcomes for type 2 diabetes: a multilevel analysis.BMC Fam. Pract. 2019; 20: 158
- Patient experience on self-management support among primary care patients with diabetes and hypertension.Int J. Qual. Health Care. 2019; 31: 37-43
- Effects of quality improvement strategies for type 2 diabetes on glycemic control: a meta-regression analysis.JAMA. 2006; 296: 427-440